|Rick G. Nixon, MD
Rick G. Nixon, MD
Dr. Rick Nixon is a native Houstonian who has practiced orthopedic surgery in northwest Houston since 1991. He is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. Dr. Nixon has served as Chief of Staff at Memorial Hermann Northwest Hospital and is the Medical Director of the Surgical Services. He serves on the Board of Directors of MHMD, the physician IPA affiliated with Memorial Hermann Healthcare System, and is on the Board of Governors at First Street Hospital in Bellaire. He was voted Physician of the Year in 1999 by the hospital staff at Memorial Hermann Northwest.
Dr. Nixon is highly trained in minimally-invasive surgical techniques involving the knee, shoulder, and hip. He specializes in arthroscopic procedures designed to minimize pain and speed recovery. He is one of only two surgeons in the Houston area who performs the patented Quad-sparing technique for total knee replacement.
Fellowship-trained in sports medicine, Dr. Nixon serves as the team physician for several public and private high schools, middle schools, and school districts in the community. He currently volunteers as the pitching coach for the Northland Christian High School baseball team.
- Medical School - Baylor College of Medicine (1983)
- Internship - Baylor Affiliated Hospitals (1985)
- Residency - Scott & White Hospital, Temple, TX (1990)
- Fellowship - Baylor College of Medicine, Sports Medicine & Surgery of the Knee & Shoulder (1991)
- Undergraduate - The University of Texas at Austin (1980)
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Orthopedic Association
- Texas Orthopedic Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Harris County Medical Society
- Texas Society of Sports Medicine
- Houston Orthopedic Society